Dog Protecting Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseAddict

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Photo0086.jpg

i laughed when i say this and ran over to my phone to snag a quick phone my dog is very protective always and will follow my mom everywhere and help her since she is disabled (had a brain tumor and left side is partially paralyzed)but my dog has taken this protective thing to a new level she has finally acknowledged jenny and protects her :p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Thats very cool, don't have to worry about anything messing with your tort..

TortoiseAddict

5 Year Member
Texas
dalano73 said:
Thats very cool, don't have to worry about anything messing with your tort..

haha funny you saw that :p its the reason birds dont come into our yard is our dog so i assume she keeps the birds away also

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
We used to own a boxer who was so protective of my daughter that he would try and stop her from playing on the swing..

TortoiseAddict

5 Year Member
Texas
dalano73 said:
We used to own a boxer who was so protective of my daughter that he would try and stop her from playing on the swing..

haha my dog is exactly like that and mine is jealous if my dad hugs my mom or something my dog will jump up and try to separate them.... lol

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
TortoiseAddict said:
dalano73 said:

haha my dog is exactly like that and mine is jealous if my dad hugs my mom or something my dad will jump up and try to separate them.... lol

Thats very funny..

TortoiseAddict

5 Year Member
Texas
dalano73 said:
TortoiseAddict said:
dalano73 said:

haha my dog is exactly like that and mine is jealous if my dad hugs my mom or something my dad will jump up and try to separate them.... lol

Thats very funny..

oops did i say dad? meant dog :p edited

October

5 Year Member
San Tan Valley, Arizona
My Dane is like that too. She's fixed and has never had pups, but she's always very motherly. When we put the Sullys outside, she'll lay down next to them and belly crawl towards them if they move too far from her. If they move too far apart from each other, she whines and gets very nervous and will go back and forth between the two standing guard until they come back together.

I've thought about videoing it but it would be long and boring. LOL

TortoiseAddict

5 Year Member
Texas
October said:
My Dane is like that too. She's fixed and has never had pups, but she's always very motherly. When we put the Sullys outside, she'll lay down next to them and belly crawl towards them if they move too far from her. If they move too far apart from each other, she whines and gets very nervous and will go back and forth between the two standing guard until they come back together.

yeah my dog never had puppies ether maybe when female dogs dont have babies and come to a certain age they attach to other creatures and sort of protect them or take them under their wing i suppose?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
TortoiseAddict said:
dalano73 said:
TortoiseAddict said:
dalano73 said:

Thats very funny..

oops did i say dad? meant dog :p edited

:D:D After reading it several times I figured it out..

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
October said:

I've had Danes for about 30 years and this is a normal trait...in the Old Days, Danes were the dogs of royalty for this reason...watching over the Royal Rug Rats.

When my daughter was a little girl, my two then danes, Zeus and Essy, would lay on the porch and constantly watch her and her friends play...when one of the other kid's parents would come to pick them up, Essy would stand by the children while Zeus would go find me or my then wife before the parents could get the child.

Very few of the parents complained...and once, when an abusive non-custodial parent tried to grab a child, it got kinda lively! His ex-wife was very appreciative.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
@ Terry~ That is a very cool story also cool that your house was were the kids went.
@ addict your dog look like a herding type dog and I believe protecting and keeping watch over others is a trait they have and their breeds job.

Status
Not open for further replies.