Dog tag id for my tort

Meganolvt

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
My yellow foot escaped and it was the worst 24 hours ever. I found him though, and want to mark him (I've meant to do it all along, just needed a kick in the pants I guess). I've read about using epoxy and a dog tag, I'm wondering though if it will then ever come off. Anyone ever tried to remove a tag? If we ever move, he would need a new one.

Rue

Canada
There was a conversation about gluing a GPS tag to a tortoise. ..so you can do it...I can't remember what the best glue was though...

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
One of my babies went missing back in February and was gone for 4 weeks!!!! You can imagine those 28 days... I am definitely looking into some way of marking them before moving them outdoors. At this time the whole time they are in their outdoor enclosure between myself and the kids we have someone check on them every 10-15 min to make sure they are both accounted for. Their enclosure is all fenced in but there's no top cover (screen) and I still feel they need to be checked on. I almost wish I could have like a big red helium balloon attached to them. They love to hide in vegetation and it would be great to have some way of marking their present spot. And no, I will not use the balloons:) just wishful thinking for the lack of better ideas

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
One of my babies went missing back in February and was gone for 4 weeks!!!! You can imagine those 28 days... I am definitely looking into some way of marking them before moving them outdoors. At this time the whole time they are in their outdoor enclosure between myself and the kids we have someone check on them every 10-15 min to make sure they are both accounted for. Their enclosure is all fenced in but there's no top cover (screen) and I still feel they need to be checked on. I almost wish I could have like a big red helium balloon attached to them. They love to hide in vegetation and it would be great to have some way of marking their present spot. And no, I will not use the balloons:) just wishful thinking for the lack of better ideas
That must have been terrible. Charlie is huge and yet sometimes I have trouble finding him. I worry someone will steal him.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
That must have been terrible. Charlie is huge and yet sometimes I have trouble finding him. I worry someone will steal him.
What species is he?

Even I worry about someone stealing Oli when I take him out for "walks" despite the fact that there is not that much care, let alone like, for animals. I literally BODYGUARD whilst he's roaming around.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
What species is he?

Even I worry about someone stealing Oli when I take him out for "walks" despite the fact that there is not that much care, let alone like, for animals. I literally BODYGUARD whilst he's roaming around.
He's a 17 year old sulcata. I'm afraid someone will want him just because he is so big. I just looked all over for him and finally found him in the hide I built for him last year that he has ignored up until now.