Donatello's Growth Over Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Anderson, IN
I've seen a couple posts like this and thought it was a wonderful idea to keep track of the my little one growing.

12/16/2011
Taken the day we brought him home. I hadn't bought a scale yet so I'm not sure how much he weighted then. I hated that the woman at the shop marked him like that. I'm so glad I got the X's off of him.
25p1lqr.jpg

01/06/2012
2" 67g
His coloring has changed so much since we brought him home. He is so much brighter and so much more active now :)
4jnvyf.jpg

21cryon.jpg

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Looks Great, Im Excited To See How Much Weights Its Gain In A Month :)

JensenEmpire

5 Year Member
Phoenix
My sulcata seems to be getting darker as he gets older. I wonder what causes the color change?

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
JensenEmpire said:
My sulcata seems to be getting darker as he gets older. I wonder what causes the color change?

I've noticed that in other people's pictures too. I think mine has actually lightened up a little since I got him. Either that or his color is just coming out more now that he's in a better environment (his cage at the pet store was horrible. He was in a tank with 4 other sulcatas and a water dragon. No uvb light at all and no water.) I wonder if he's gonna get darker as he grows as well.

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
2/3/2012
2 1/2" 87g

I forgot to post last week but he was around 78g last Friday. He's gained 11g in the last two weeks. He's starting to get really friendly. He's never really been too shy, but now when I walk up to the cage he comes walking to the front. He also comes when I talk to him. I know he's just expecting food, but I still love it :)

Morning soak :)
6dtp1f.jpg

Breakfast :)
21ovd4j.jpg

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
02/10/2012
3" 92g

He decided to have fun and get all muddy today :) He's almost clean again....for now.
2akjoxx.jpg

Exploring the bathroom counter. He was full of energy today.
fm5ser.jpg

I think he was trying to tell me he was done with the photo shoot.
2z4ygox.jpg

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
I just realized it's been a while since I've been on here. Donatello is going great. I swear, I love my little guy more and more as time goes by. He's just a doll. He's now 7 months old (I can't believe it's almost been a year).

We moved into a new house last month and we're right around the corner from my mom. We had a small cookout last weekend and it was so nice outside I decided to take him over with us. She has 3 dogs (one of which being a Saint Bernard), plus my puppy so it was major babysit the tortoise time. We eventually through together a little brick enclosure for over there so I didn't have to walk step by step behind him the entire time.

a9nzi9.jpg

v5icqs.jpg

Those were taken the 16th of this month and he weighed in at 197g. He's such a steady grower. I finally got around to ordering some Mazuri and he loves it. I give it to him a couple times a week with some hay mixed in. I figured it was a good way to get him used to eating hay and he doesn't seem to mind one bit.

We took my son to the zoo today and, of course, I lingered around the tortoises for way longer than my 4 year old wanted to put up with. They have 2 Aldabras and they are so gorgeous. I keep trying to convince the hubby that I just have to have one (along with a vulture, but that's a whole different argument...lol) but he keeps insisting that we have to wait for a bigger yard (which sadly, we do) so I settled for a stuffed one in the gift shop. He will do for now.

e7e920.jpg

His name is Koopa.

2n8n69x.jpg

I also fell in love with this little one. Sooo freakin' adorable :)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
Wow he is getting so big!!! He looks so good!!!!! That little turtle at the end of your post is so stikin cute!!!!

Ps your little guy is so smooth! I'm happy I got shorty to start to smooth out. I posted updates on him. He looks totally different now.

Status
Not open for further replies.