dont like his humid hide...ughhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ruckas

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
Ok so our little guy will NOT Go in his hide! I put him in there and he turns right around and walks right out! Like he's afraid of the dark or something lol. He's got a little hole dug out next to a potted plant in the aquarium and thats his spot! Ive tried and tried to get him in the hide and nothing he quickly turns right around and practially runs out! lol. whats a turtle to do..... ugh.

ekm5015

5 Year Member
Mine doesn't really use his either. Ocasionally I will find him in one of them, but for the most part he is wandering the enclosure during the day. Every night when the lights go out I place him in the hide to sleep in. He stays there until the lights turn back on in the morning. That way he is getting some use out of it.

moswen

5 Year Member
none of my torts ever use their hide! i have lots of plants and some large fake sunflowers that i've curled up and placed so that they're basically sitting on the substrate, these are one of their favorite places to hide. also they'll get next to a plant pot and dig until they're covered right there.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yep. Me too. Most of mine never use them. Only occasionally will I see one in there. Back when my reptile room and enclosures were very dry, they were ALWAYS in their hides. Now that I use a damp substrate, cover the tops of the enclosures and humidify the whole room, they almost never use them. I still provide them anyway.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
maybe its too cold.. place the box over his chosen spot or.. just make sure he is moist.. but warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.