double decker enclosur as my first project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
I started a threat a here a bit... here the first thread. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Stackable-Cages#axzz1zOMVI9xU

Today, I went to Lowe's and got.
1.) The wood supplies.
2.) Screws.
3.) Wood glue.
And
4.) 2 3" Barrel bolt locks.

Next weeked I will buy...
1.) 2 floor vents
2.) Paint
3.) 2 Door hinges
4.) Pixie glass
5.) Silicone and Vinyl flooring.

Once all that done, I will with the help of my brother in law whom I enlisted to help me, we will put this all together.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Does your brother-in-law know he has been drafted to help? :D

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
Jacqui said:
Does your brother-in-law know he has been drafted to help? :D

Luckly I have a really good brother in law, and he totally fine with me drafted him. lol

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
Small Update: I have stained one piece of Plywood! It's been to Rainy to do the other piece! Hopefully this weekend I"ll get the wood cut, and then up on the sceond coat. Picture soon!

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
UPDATE: Thanks to weather, and no time. This project has been a bit dalayed, but as of today we have cut wood! :) And last night got the other piece of wood stain. I think I should have painted instead, but what done is done.

Got everything, but flooring, at home depot! I have to get more supply than I orginally thought, there that reason and Home depot is like the adult verison of Toys R Us; I want everything there, almost. lol.

Well, I was going to upload picture ,however, my computer, apparenly, thinks other wise; so as soon as my computer says it's okay I'll have picture up.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
Another small update: I really didn't like the stain. So, I'm gonna sand it off. Little bit of a set back, but I did get paint and here are two picture of the inside picture cut wood which I paint blue; and here, finally, are two small picture. blue2.jpgblue 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
Laurie said:
It's a pretty blue! I can't wait to see it all put together!

Thanks I love the color too! And I can't wait either.

Also learned water will wip off once the paint is dry. Finished putting on the second coat, fast forward to few hours later big storm hit left the wood on the porch ran out to get and the water just wip off.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
It was rainy all morning, but still got some stuff done.

Got the sides paint, and the second cage cut!!! Plan to get the second coat on the sides lately on today. Bl1.jpgbl2.jpgSP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
I was almost done with the first cage, just need a second coat and could be put together when I injuried my back on sunday moring and now on bed rest till the end of the week. A big set back but these will get finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.