doubts and questions about calcium supplement ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
today i bought calcium supplement VenCal-P ...... it's liquid calcium supplement..... actually its for dogs and other pets..... i wasn't able to find any specific for reptiles....

here are the contents.....

each 5 ml contains:
calcium - 100 mg
phosphorus - 50 mg
Magnesium - 5 mg
Manganese - 0.35 mg
Vitamin D3 - 50 IU
Vitamin B12 - 2.50 mcg
Syrup base - q.s

i'm going to give it once a week.... only 5ml per week

so my question is..... is this safe for my stars??? and if it is safe how many times should i give???

i'm still searching for the cuttle fish bone so till that time i'm hoping to give this to complete the calcium needs........

i also bought grape vine, aloe, and more hibiscus plants today.....

porter

10 Year Member!
Have you got access to limestone flour? I'm not sure on the supplements, but I've been using limestone flour for about 8 years with no problem. I do use cuttlefish fish aswell but it's not as easy to digest as the flour. Hope this helps

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
porter said:
Have you got access to limestone flour? I'm not sure on the supplements, but I've been using limestone flour for about 8 years with no problem. I do use cuttlefish fish aswell but it's not as easy to digest as the flour. Hope this helps

thanks for your reply..... i'll search for it right away.... :)

porter

10 Year Member!
Have a look in equestrian shops, you can get a 1kg tub for around £4. better than the premium you pay in reptile shops for the same thing :)

arotester

5 Year Member
shanu303 said:
today i bought calcium supplement VenCal-P ...... it's liquid calcium supplement..... actually its for dogs and other pets..... i wasn't able to find any specific for reptiles....

here are the contents.....

each 5 ml contains:
calcium - 100 mg
phosphorus - 50 mg
Magnesium - 5 mg
Manganese - 0.35 mg
Vitamin D3 - 50 IU
Vitamin B12 - 2.50 mcg
Syrup base - q.s

i'm going to give it once a week.... only 5ml per week

so my question is..... is this safe for my stars??? and if it is safe how many times should i give???

i'm still searching for the cuttle fish bone so till that time i'm hoping to give this to complete the calcium needs........

i also bought grape vine, aloe, and more hibiscus plants today.....

there are other options you can try if you like other than artificial supp. such as, cactus pads(prickly pears)http://thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/plants_19.asp?mode=main&catID=262,cuttle bone (you can find it in the birds pet store),Collard Greens,Mustard Greens etc.
I have seen people give ven-cal to dogs but i would need lot of guts to it to the torts.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
I, too, use limestone flour. I've been doing so for way too many years to post here. Cheap and organic as the day it was when the little beasties that died to make we're alive. Freely broadcast on food bi-weekly. At least that's what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.