Downtime and Upgrades

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
Thank you all for your patience while I worked to get our server upgraded. There's still a lot of work to do and unfortunately more downtime to come but we should be back in tip-top shape soon.
Your support and patience are very much appreciated. It takes a lot to keep this old site running and I'm doing what I can to make sure we stay online and up-to-date.
If you'd like to help out, there are some suggestions on how to do that here: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/pages/support/

Thanks everyone!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you still administer the Facebook page for the Forum? If you do, this would be a good way to let everyone know what's going on and why we can't get in. I tried looking at FB but it just kept referring me back to here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I couldn't find anything FB when I was searching for any kind of info as to what was happening. Just kept saying nothing found.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Would it help if we all deleted old PMs to create a bit more space ?
I've deleted many in the past but still have dozens I could probably 'leave conversation' .

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I've deleted many in the past but still have dozens I could probably 'leave conversation' .

No need... We're getting more hard drive space so we'll have plenty of room soon

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good to hear all is back to normal Josh. I was starting to have serious TortoiseForum withdrawal symptoms, all kinds of strange issues...had to watch TV, found myself triple checking the TF bookmarks, rebooting routers, checking to see if there was news of Russian cyber hackers....etc. so, glad it's back!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I couldn't find anything FB when I was searching for any kind of info as to what was happening. Just kept saying nothing found.

When you look in "locate friends" for tortoise forum, this is what comes up:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=tortoise forum

But it doesn't seem to be a facebook page, but rather a referral to the forum here.

@Josh: Can you make a facebook account that we can friend in order to keep current on forum's status?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Josh!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I "leave the conversation" on every single PM, but they're not gone. After a few days or weeks they start appearing again in your history. I'm going to go see if I can actually delete them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nope. there's no way to delete them. And, good grief - I have 200 pages of them. Multiply that times all the members. YIPES! @Josh - how do we delete old PMs?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nope. there's no way to delete them. And, good grief - I have 200 pages of them. Multiply that times all the members. YIPES! @Josh - how do we delete old PMs?
I couldn't find a way to delete them either. We used to be able to on the old forum format.
I also didn't get what you posted about FB when I searched. Just that it couldn't he found. Mind you, I'm not a big FB user, so who knows why it didn't come up for me.

Meganolvt

Michigan
I actually found the Facebook page today when i couldn't get on this forum. Looks like no one has posted on it for a while.

Josh

TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I couldn't find a way to delete them either. We used to be able to on the old forum format.
I also didn't get what you posted about FB when I searched. Just that it couldn't he found. Mind you, I'm not a big FB user, so who knows why it didn't come up for me.
No reason to delete anything. In fact I'd prefer if no one deleted anything at all. It's worth the added cost to have our data saved