Dream Come True...

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
After bothering just about everyone I could find, I was able to grab a new four-pack of my ultimate goal for chelonian keeping. These are my holy grail species, and I am just so excited about it. Thanks for checkin out the photos and thanks to anyone whom I may have pestered in my efforts to acquire this awesome species.IMG_1171.JPGIMG_1170.JPG IMG_1171.JPG IMG_1170.JPG IMG_1168.JPG IMG_1170.JPG IMG_1169.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble figuring out the picture part of the new format.

OMG! Those babies are SO TINY!!! At first I couldn't even see the baby in the big enclosure. I'm wondering what the configuration is. It looks like a tub within a tub?? A tub inside a tub-full of sand??? Interesting.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble figuring out the picture part of the new format.

OMG! Those babies are SO TINY!!! At first I couldn't even see the baby in the big enclosure. I'm wondering what the configuration is. It looks like a tub within a tub?? A tub inside a tub-full of sand??? Interesting.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif
I'm also curious, what the set up?

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Thanks so much for looking guys! I can't see the pics at all. I think my mac has some kind of virus, because the pics are just a scrambled dunce of pink, black and lime green bars. It's impossible to make out what they are.

Anyway, the enclosure is a small Waterland Tub with both the water and land portions just filled in with substrate. The substrate is layered mix of different items. First, a LDL, or lightweight drainage layer, popular with hydroponic growers. Then, there's a layer of peat moss and organic topsoil. That's covered by cypress mulch and sphagnum, to hold some moisture and to provide ground cover for the tortoises. The plants in the enclosure are a mix of sanserveria, Crassula, Sedum, and another succulent.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Thanks so much for looking guys! I can't see the pics at all. I think my mac has some kind of virus, because the pics are just a scrambled dunce of pink, black and lime green bars. It's impossible to make out what they are.

Anyway, the enclosure is a small Waterland Tub with both the water and land portions just filled in with substrate. The substrate is layered mix of different items. First, a LDL, or lightweight drainage layer, popular with hydroponic growers. Then, there's a layer of peat moss and organic topsoil. That's covered by cypress mulch and sphagnum, to hold some moisture and to provide ground cover for the tortoises. The plants in the enclosure are a mix of sanserveria, Crassula, Sedum, and another succulent.
The pics are clear here, don't worry :)

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Awesome! Great to hear that you guys can see them at least. Did the closeups of the tortoises show up, or just the shots of the enclosure?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Awesome! Great to hear that you guys can see them at least. Did the closeups of the tortoises show up, or just the shots of the enclosure?
There is a close up of a tort! Don't worry, it's a problem in your computer that we can't see :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yes. It did show up.

Great pics and those little guy are so cute.

baseballturtle48

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Wonderful accomplishment, Anthony! I like using the small Waterland Tub for small torts, too. It's pretty versatile.

The pics all show up fine for me, and I'm looking at them on a Kindle Fire HDX.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Thank you so much guys. So far so good with them. They seem to like the succulents that I've planted in their enclosure more than the minced greens, veggies and mushrooms I've provided.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
OMG! They have stripes?!? Is there any shade or pattern tortoises/turtles don't come in?!? What species is this?

Flipper

MO, USA
:<3:Real cuties :)

But I'm a silly newbie :oops::rolleyes: What species are they? :tort: