Dryness around eyes and bubbly after waking up

dhriti.m

Location (City and/or State)
India
Hi guys, I’m new to the forum. I adopted an Indian Star Tortoise in May. It’s a female and I’ve named her Walnut because she looks like one. I have taken full responsibility of taking care of her well-being to the extent that I’ve been called paranoid but i think I’m pretty fine.
these past few days the weather has been cooling up a little so I’ve been more particular about her basking and keeping her warm. I’ve reduced soaking to make sure she doesn’t get too cold and she doesn’t get to go out that much either. But just today i noticed that the surroundings of her eyes are getting kindda dry. Also her eyes have small bubbles right after she wakes up. They’re like 5-6 really small bubbles just like we get when we wake up. Is there something tk be concerned about because I’m seeing horrible things on the internet and someone even told me it could be an initial stage respiratory infection.

dhriti.m

India
this is when i just got her out of a soak and they still look kindda dry and idk if you can see it but there’s something in the corner of her eye. pls tell me what I need to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Hi, welcome! Beautiful tort you have. I would continue soaking in warm water.
Follow this guide religiously
@Tom is the expert on star torts.
Follow this too

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Follow the links given to you and make any needed changes.
Unless the breeder had her sexed physically, she is to young to know if she is female or not. Torts all look female when hatched. Temp sexing is not accurate in the manner most do it.
Keep soaking every day.
Would also help if you give us actual numbers of temps, humidity, etc.
Also if you are using a compact coil type bulb, stop, they can cause eye issues.

dhriti.m

India
Hi, welcome! Beautiful tort you have. I would continue soaking in warm water.
Follow this guide religiously
@Tom is the expert on star torts.
Follow this too
Thank you so much

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
If you follow the caresheet your tort should start to thrive and if you post pics of his enclosure you'll get good feedback to make sure it has everything your tort needs and is as safe as possible.