Drywall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNorm

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have a large piece of drywall, well it says wallboard, but its drywall. I was wondering if it was safe to use as a floor to a turtle table?
As long as i water seal it and cover it in plastic ofcourse.
but its going to be expossed to heat and such i was wondering if anyone had done this before?
thanks.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
I wouldn't suggest drywall as a bottom. Even with sealing it would not hold up. Contractors do not use it around baths for the reason that it will absorb water and degrade. Heavy greenboard (designed for humidity) would be a much better choice. Another fact to consider is the fact tort claws will be very hard on it.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
I agree with Larry stay away from the drywall. One of my Greeks just dug a whole in the plastic I had lineing her enclosure and when I got home she was between the bottom and the plastic. If her enclosure bottom had been drywall she could have been on the floor. They do like to dig. :)

JNorm

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
yeah i never thought about them digging right thru it. I guess ill stick with getting a plywood base for it. Good idea at the time, haha. I think ill use the drywall around the stand, so it looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.