DT is a) suddenly eating less and b) spends most of her time in her hide

mylittlecholla

Location (City and/or State)
Fillmore, California
Despite having a large outdoor enclosure, my Cholla seems to want to spend most of her day in her hide. I thought it might be due to the hot weather (high nineties here for weeks), and the hide is under a big shady bush, so that made sense. However, even though it's cooled off quite a bit over the last few days, she's still pretty much sticking to the hide. Also during the last few days I notice she's eating less--maybe half of what she's typically eaten is left in her food dish. The weather isn't that much cooler (low 60's at night; mid to high 80's during the day), so it doesn't seem like that would be the reason, but I'm still a relative newbie, so I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Jan A

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder, CO
Despite having a large outdoor enclosure, my Cholla seems to want to spend most of her day in her hide. I thought it might be due to the hot weather (high nineties here for weeks), and the hide is under a big shady bush, so that made sense. However, even though it's cooled off quite a bit over the last few days, she's still pretty much sticking to the hide. Also during the last few days I notice she's eating less--maybe half of what she's typically eaten is left in her food dish. The weather isn't that much cooler (low 60's at night; mid to high 80's during the day), so it doesn't seem like that would be the reason, but I'm still a relative newbie, so I don't know. Anyone have any thoughts about this?
It's possible it's preparing for brumating, but @Yvonne G @Tom will know better.