TortyDxb

Location (City and/or State)
uae
~ We do not use heat lamps in night time enclosures for our young aldabra tortoises. Our experience with proper hydration/diet has produced very smooth shell growth and development. We do not share many of the current theories regarding to humidity and the influence that it plays.

View attachment 226664

Just had to revisit this @ALDABRAMAN lots and lots to think about!

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
One thing to keep in mind. Here in South Florida we frequently have 80-99% humidity. Even in our “ winter” when it get cool , rarely will it drop below 50%

Every morning our vegetation is covered in dew. If you walk through the grass , your shoes are wet.
Right now 9:30am , it’s 74f , light sprinkle & 91% humidity.

When my CupCake was young (up to 2yrs) I also did as @ALDABRAMAN instructs & brought her in If temps were going under 70f. Then I built a heated hide & kept full water containers in there to prop up the humidity.

She is now 4 yo, about 25lbs, free grazes 90% of her diet in a 30’x40’ fenced grazing area most of the day. If I’m going to give her a “ treat” like bell peppers. Usually I’ll just throw it out in her yard so she has to graze around & discover it. I want her to move

She is not on the large size for her age , and remains very smooth shelled. This summer I’ll dig her a mud pond to soak & play in.

In Comparing Florida with your area. Take everything into consideration. No 2 climates are identical