DukeofEdmonton- new family member

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
I have never burned an individual animal, only seen poor sad pet store torts that have been burned.....

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I think he needs to go to a reputable and experienced reptile vet.

Reactions: Ink

DukeofEdmonton

Alberta
Hi guys. I’m gutted and honestly flabbergasted thinking of how he could have got burned. There is no source of heat under him at all times except the 20-30 minutes we let him roam in our backyard a few times last week. I’ve booked him in with the only exotic vet around me- the appointment is not till August 2nd. I soaked him extra today and freshened up the terrarium bark , moved the overhead ceramic heater around a bit more, added another water pool for him. Fed him some lettuce and cucumber - getting that hydration up. If he is indeed dehydrated. I feel awful 😞 we got him late April and I don’t know why I’m just noticing his underbelly now. Just for the record, Duke was purchased from our local pet store. If there’s anything else you can think of till I get him to the vet, let me know. 😭

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I never said you burned him...I said whomever had him before might of had a heat source, a heat rock a heat pad that you might not see. I also said my opinion because I am not an expert...