Dwight doesn't understand daylights savings time

KimC90

5 Year Member
Dwight is staying faithful to her schedule and going to sleep early. Too cute! Shes all sprawled out and comfy squeezed between her water bowl and the side of the tank.
Sorry for the mess, she spread out her greens this morning and made a mess and I didnt want to disturb her she's sleeping so well.
What a cutie I love her

Attachments

• 1394755652636.jpg
    1394755652636.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 117

laramill

Location (City and/or State)
NCentral Wisconsin
KimC90 said:
Dwight is staying faithful to her schedule and going to sleep early. Too cute! Shes all sprawled out and comfy squeezed between her water bowl and the side of the tank.
Sorry for the mess, she spread out her greens this morning and made a mess and I didnt want to disturb her she's sleeping so well.
What a cutie I love her

I don't blame her... I don't understand daylight savings either!

I decided to slowly change Wilson's timers a few minutes every couple days to get him changed over... I'm not sure if he's noticed.

But I wish they'd just get rid of daylight savings totally. It seems like the concept is a bit outdated, whether you're a tortoise or not!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Aww, sleeping beauty.

But, uh... that tail is so massive, I can see it from the backside! Me thinks Dwight is a he not a she ;)

KimC90

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Dwight doesn't understand daylights savings time

Team Gomberg said:
Aww, sleeping beauty.

But, uh... that tail is so massive, I can see it from the backside! Me thinks Dwight is a he not a she ;)

Really! I had posted this picture a month or so ago and was told that my he was likely a she. I'm just getting used to her being a girl. Her/his tail almost never shows like that I thought it was pretty adorable having It sticking out like that. I had promised pictures of her tail in my gender thread and never was able to get a good picture.

Attachments

• 1394820015160.jpg
    1394820015160.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 61

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
In the photo just posted, you can't see the whole tail.

Dwight still needs to mature more before the anal scutes start showing the female- U or the male- handle bar mustache shape. So right now the best guess we can offer is from the tail. A female has a short stubby tail. The picture of Dwight sleeping shows a large enough tail for me to lean towards male.. Time will tell..

ya, I just looked at the sleeping/tail picture again. That tail is THICK! If that tail was on a massive adult I'd lean towards female. But it's on a juvenile so I'm standing by my vote for a male :shy:
Feel free to take lots of booty area photos and post them for another round of guesses. As Dwight grows you'll be able to get a more accurate guess each time until one day, it'll be obvious. ;)

KimC90

5 Year Member
By the way from what I estimate Dwights between 3&4 years old. My friend got her/him at an expo when she was a baby about 3 years ago. I know there isn't a "right" size but does she look like shes growing okay? About average?

Attachments

• 1395147127837.jpg
    1395147127837.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 19