Eager to learn!

redBrick

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hi everyone, what a fascinating forum! Thank you for excepting me and I look forward to learning everything I need to know about raising a tortoise. I live near Gettysburg Pennsylvania and have been a turtle lover my whole life. I recently lost my aquatic turtle, Hank Jr, I had him for 19 years! It's always been a dream to have a tortoise or several roaming my backyard, but life (and other pets) always got in the way. Now my goal is to learn everything I need to know about tortoises and eventually add some to my home. I'd like to have an indoor enclosure for the winter and an outdoor enclosure for the summer. So I've been enjoying looking at everyone's enclosures on this forum. I'm a lifelong gardener and I take pride in my backyard, the only thing missing is a tortoise or two roaming around!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. It's good your doing your research first. Keep in mind the larger species will need winter heated shed as adults.
When you decide which species will suit you then we can help you further on its care and a good source to buy from. Also consider adopting some that may be in need of better care that's in your area already.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome! One thing to remember is that tortoises are solitary animals and don't want or need other tortoises in their territory.