Eastern Boxie with swollen leg

Eric Wardley

20141122_202033.jpg I have a year old Boxie, that I noticed that her rear left leg is swollen and she will not extend it or it cant extend. These was not like this 2 days ago. She eats and moves around but doent put weight on it. There is what seems like a redish blister on the top of that foot. The pics doesnt she it really good but that is it..
Any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I'm not a vet but that looks like some kind of infection. Is there a thread or a string around her leg somewhere?

Delilah1623

The picture isn't clear but it looks like it may be an abscess. I would take her to vet. It needs to be drained and antibiotics given if that's what it is.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I'm thinking an abscess too. I would get her to a vet and possibly have it drained. Poor little thing. Keep us update on her please.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
My box turtle had an absess just like that. A vet will have to drain it and clean it out reeeaaal good. As long as the vet does it right your box turtle will be good to go! :)

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Oh dear, I had something similar to that, my tortoise had kidney failure. But the legs were not that swollen. I hope your turtle gets attention soon as that is very painful I'm sure!! Please keep us updated!