easterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

tickle

5 Year Member
How many eastern keepers we have here.I can help anyone out with any question I have dealt with them since I was 4 years old and found one on my way to school.Indoors outdoors natural habitat and they have allot here in Jersey.the biggest Wild population in a state park on they beach I have found them eating dead fish seagulls clams musccles and seaweed. Yes seaweed.they didn't our live the dinosours for Bering dumb.here in the pine Forrest the cover Nj.I find they rarely come out from under the pine needle and dead leave carpets unless its to spawn lay eggs or its just rained and they want slugs and worms.that is when you go looking for them.I have never seen one sunning in the wild ever.the pine needel rugs are so thick and full of food they have no reason to ever emerge from it.hatchlings don't for years

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Hey Tickle....I live right over the bridge in Staten Island, and have been living with Box turtles from the day I was born...many, many, many years ago. My Dad always had a turtle garden, when we lived in Brooklyn, and I've had one here in SI for well over thirty years too. We had our oldest box turtle for over 65 years, and he was old when we got him. Two Summers ago he never came up from hibernation. Box turtles are my favorite! I have some Eastern's, a Gulf Coast, and two Three Toed's. Every one has a different personality and keep me laughing all the time. Do you hibernate yours outside? All mine are dug under now except for two little ones that are inside for the Winter.

Gerards

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
katelyn0974 said:
Eastern owner of three babies! Glad you have some good experience.

I have three Easterns as well, they are fun turtle to keep. I was born and raised near the Florida Keys, there is a ton of bauri around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.