Eating and not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Tyrone went thru several days last week where he would not eat, I soaked him, and took him outside he would nibble on grass..then he went wild! He was eating a lot of grass and weeds. Now he can't seem to get full! I give him breakfast and he eats it all so fast and stands in his dish until I give him more. Then late afternoon he walks over to his dish waiting for his afternoon spring mix and kale. Then late evening he is again standing in front of his dish so I give him a little more and a strawberry.

I am wondering, can you over feed them? I give him about a cup each time. Am I not giving him enough or is this normal? It just seems he has an increased appetite after going thru a few days of not eating. He is pooping like normal.

Thanks for your comments

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just making up for lost time. I always feed my leopard so he has food left over. That way he can always help himself. I don't believe you can over feed, if your feeding the right stuff, that is and they get their exercise.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Just making up for lost time. I always feed my leopard so he has food left over. That way he can always help himself. I don't believe you can over feed, if your feeding the right stuff, that is and they get their exercise.

Thanks!

The one day he was outside and just walking all over the place and when I brought him in I soaked him, he must have been exhausted because he fell asleep in his soak. I but him in his enclosure and he walked few inches and fell asleep again... I was beginning to think I had a narcoleptic tortoise! He slept a lot the next day and didn't eat much ... That was when it was like a light switch was flipped and now he eats and eats and eats!

I am not complaining... Just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.