Eats well but sleeps a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mochii

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Hi,

Marley has been sort of lethargic these days.. he's not moving around as much, and whenever I look in, he is sleeping. He LOVES his food still and walks over when I put it in. He has been eating well and pooping well too. Could it be the weather change? It suddenly got really cold in San Diego. It's weird that he's sleeping a lot though and he always sleeps under the basking light or in his house. Im just concerned =T He seems to be fine though.

ANy ideas?

Thanks

- M&M

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Check the temperature gradient. If it's cooler than when the behavior was better, than lower the bulb or whatever you need to do to stabilize it.

For example: I need to adjust my heating with the seasons. I lower and raise the MVB as needed (12 hours a day), and I add in a CHE in the cooler months off to the side of the MVB (24/7) as I have a large enclosure.

Torts get lethargic with less heat. As long as Marley gets in the 80s he'll keep eating, but be less active with the temperature drop. If that's not the issue let us know and we'll brainstorm more, but that's my best guess.

M

Maggie Cummings

It sounds to me like it's a change in the length of sunlight and it's cooler now, as I recall he's still a baby and that means something as well

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
I worried the same way... thought something was wrong. Turns out much like all babies, human and otherwise, they spend alot of time sleeping. It will get more active when it gets older.

Status
Not open for further replies.