EBT Vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paradise
Hello everyone. I have two EBT that just turned 2 months old the other day. I was wondering if I should give them some vitamins, and if so what kind of vitamins do you like and give your boxies?

Their diet: 3 or 4 high calcium little meal worms everyday with mushrooms, blueberries, zucchini, kale, and carrots. Once a week 1/2 a big Canadian night crawler with veggies.

Any suggestions to better their diet is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• image-1557368037.png
    image-1557368037.png
    834.5 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3816173172.png
    image-3816173172.png
    851.5 KB · Views: 35

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can soak them in water that has a few drops of liquid bird vitamins in it. Or you can crush a human vitamin tablet and sprinkle some of it over the turtles' food. My preference is the soaking water.

Hunahpu

5 Year Member
Colorado
My vet recommended Herptivite to me, and I've had very good luck with that. It comes in two separate containers, one is a multivitamin and the other is calcium powder, that can be sprinkled onto the food. (Old salt and pepper shakers work great!) It has beta carotene instead of vitamin A, so there's no risk of toxicity. I supplement once a week.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
Hunahpu said:
My vet recommended Herptivite to me, and I've had very good luck with that. It comes in two separate containers, one is a multivitamin and the other is calcium powder, that can be sprinkled onto the food. (Old salt and pepper shakers work great!) It has beta carotene instead of vitamin A, so there's no risk of toxicity. I supplement once a week.

Thanks! I'll get on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.