Edible Plant Species

Location (City and/or State)
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Good morning, All!

Im in the midst of planting a tortoise food garden for my sulcatas to avoid the grocery store diet and I've noticed a lot of edible plants that people are recommending. Before I purchase and plant them I want to make sure that I get the correct species of each plant.

Does anyone know if there are specific species of the following plants that I should be focused on buying/growing for my hatchlings?
Hibiscus
Grape Vine
Mulberry
Honeysuckle
Marigold
African Daisy
Grass

Skip K

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
A lot depends on your location. I live in zone 6 ( has a mild to moderate winter ) which requires some research on my part. I chose dwarf Rose of Sharon ( hibiscus ) for two reasons...it cold hardy and doesn’t get tall enough that I can’t reach the flowers. I am waiting on a banana palm ( musa basjoo) again for its ability to tolerate winters. I also am experimenting with different types of spineless cactus. One species is Ficus Indica...which I’ll keep potted...moving them inside in the winter and cacanapa 'Ellisiana'...a cold(er) hardy spineless cactus that I’ll plant outside. My yard has the usual suspects in regards to grass and weeds. As time goes on...and I have experimented, established and begun propagating what I’ve mentioned above...I’ll move on to other plants/bushes/trees I can grow naturally in my location. My goal is to not have to move much indoors for winters here.