Edible Plants for Russian Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russian_Tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific Northwest
Hello!
I'm looking for several different kinds of edible plants to put in my RT's tortoise table. I've looked at the edible plant list on russiantortoise.net, but I was hoping to hear from some TFO members on which plants their tortoises preferred. I have Aloe Vera right now and Noah loves them, but I am hoping to give him a bigger selection to choose from. Of course each tortoise has a different taste, but which plants do your Russian tortoises (or similar species/breed) seem to enjoy?

3bdulla

5 Year Member
Do you have prickly pear cactus, my tort loves them, he also loves romaine lettuce , but it has low nutritional value.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
Aloe can give your tortoise diarrhea, which is okay. But your tortoise might tear the plant apart. Some plants you can add are, air plants, ponytail palm, spider plants, and dracaena. These plants are safe, but they probably wouldn't be interested eating continuously.

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Dandelion, plantain, some clover, alfalfa, California poppy, geranium, fuchsia, magnolia, daisy, violets, butterfly bush, mallow, sedums, hens and chicks…

Squash plants

Status
Not open for further replies.