EEEEKK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA
I almost had a heart attack last night!

I walked into my room and Robbie was half way in the hide, I opened the lid and Donatello was flipped :(

I picked her up and righted her, she pee'd everywhere. Poor thing was probably so stressed out.

I was so scared when I first saw her, I almost started crying haha.

I have no idea how long she was like that but I let her walk around my bedroom and i petted her for awhile, she kept wagging her tail (someone was happy to have been rescued ;) ) She ate some and I soaked her.

I have never seen Donnie flipped over before. Maybe Donnie and Robbie are fighting :( Now I don't know who to put where! Sheesh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not sure, but I THINK that tail wagging is a male trait.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
LOL....it is so graphic to see a tortoise flipped.....I think because it is just so, I can't describe it...but we all know that gut feeling...I am happy you discovered him and that it was in a place not under the heat....

These guys are gladiators from the start......may have to set up two enclosures...they will love their own space.....:D

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Don't worry, I had the same experience a couple days ago with my Henry, never before in his summer pen has he flipped himself over but the other day when I went out for a few hours and left him and his sisters in the pen I came back to him being on his back, I was so worried, I dived in the pen and picked him up but he was ok, a bit shocked but ok :) I thought I'd lost him but I also thought TYPICAL lol the day I go out he flips himself lol

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
Haha I'm just glad he's okay. I thought it was too Yvonne. Egyptian Dan told me she was a girl though, I always thought he was male. I'm at a loss :) but i don't really care what he is, as long as he's healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.