Egg fail :(

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern, PA, USA
Well one of my eggs cracked :( it felt real light so I cracked it open. There was just yellow yolk with no sign of an embryo.

My first batch eggs will have potential, their weight feels good, I see a dark section, so crossing fingers.

The second clutch, the eggs feel light. These are the ones here one cracked. I'm going to leave them all in the cooker and hope for the best.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
After reading so much about tortoise eggs... I've learned that what ever the size, shape or weigh is, it goes strait to the incubator if your attempting to breed! you'll be surprise how hardy they are! As for the cracked egg, i was reading somewhere that they just placed tape on top of the cracked portion and still hatched them... Another thing i learn.... it stays in the incubator until it explode or starts smelling really really... i MEAN REALLY funky! lol....

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I"m sorry - not all eggs will be good though. The dark spots sound promising - good luck! :)

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
The cracked egg had leaked 3/4s of its volume into the incubator so there was no hope in trying to save it. It was a dud as there was 0 embryo, just a little of the white and a lot of yolk.