eggs, Eggs, EGGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
okay so tonight the night that i had to finally give up on one of penelopes two eggs she blessed me with two more... which is why im up at 1AM she didnt show any signs of digging until she was laying so now i have her first egg, moostashas single egg and now two smaller but still perfect eggs from penelope :) thats a second clutch this season :), and this is the first time she has ever laid for me :) (although she may have last summer and i never saw any nesting behavior or eggs) but hey im excited and maybe this incubator of mine will never be shut off :) :D :D :D

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Be sure to keep it all logged. You'll like having the specific history written down somewhere. I find that particular females tend to establish a pattern, laying at nearly the same time every year, and about the same time between clutches.

Congratulations!

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
ive written down the dates so as to know when to expect a posssible hatch, but your right i think ill get one fo those note pads and keep it with my turtle stuff for future referance<

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
jojodesca said:
you are so lucky!!!!

i was waiting for you to chime in :p
i feel very fortunate, not only for my cold blooded family and their off spring but that i may eventually be able to make a differance in the Captive breeding of ttbt's reducing the need for WC specimens in the pet trade where wild collection is still legal,

i am very happy about it but as soon as you find a male im sure you too will have babies :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I too, hope your incubator is always in use. ;) :D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I got this strange feeling you were whispering because it was 1 am
Is this true:shy:

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I am looking for him :D:D!....hoping once they come out of hibernation I will find one on CL...I did contact a member of a turtle rescue who does have a male for adoption...that might be a route I will take...maybe in the future once we both become successful breeders we can mix and match our ttbt's and start something...lol :p

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
I too, hope your incubator is always in use. ;) :D

Heck YEEEAAAAH :) i wouldnt mind the extra bit each month in the power bill!

bigred said:
I got this strange feeling you were whispering because it was 1 am
Is this true:shy:

well i definatly wasnt being loud as my wife was asleep in the next room over, but i had a serious case of insomnia that night i was up watching old reruns of friends most of the night :)

jojodesca said:
I am looking for him :D:D!....hoping once they come out of hibernation I will find one on CL...I did contact a member of a turtle rescue who does have a male for adoption...that might be a route I will take...maybe in the future once we both become successful breeders we can mix and match our ttbt's and start something...lol :p

well hopfully you get the one from the rescue, chances are itll be in better shape then from CL, almost buying a problem somtimes you know? lol and yes im sure one day in the future we could switch some genetics
:)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
hmmm go ahead and add one more egg to the incubator tally :)! penny just laid one :) i think ill be needing a few homes for some if all 5 hatch!!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
turtlemann2 said:
hmmm go ahead and add one more egg to the incubator tally :)! penny just laid one :) i think ill be needing a few homes for some if all 5 hatch!!

how long until they hatch?..mid summer?

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
im estimating that the first will hatch sometime in april, with the rest hatching anywhere from may to june... it really depends, since i know that the temp is 80 degrees flat with 88% humidity it is pretty constant for example if penelopes first egg hatches on day 60, i can expect the rest to hatch in approximatly the same amount of time give or take, due to the conditions being constant. so early to mid summer is about right :)

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
turtlemann2 said:
im estimating that the first will hatch sometime in april, with the rest hatching anywhere from may to june... it really depends, since i know that the temp is 80 degrees flat with 88% humidity it is pretty constant for example if penelopes first egg hatches on day 60, i can expect the rest to hatch in approximatly the same amount of time give or take, due to the conditions being constant. so early to mid summer is about right :)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.