electromagnetic radiation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxDarkEuphoriaxX

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Do you worry about sources such as cell phones, wireless internet, microwaves, etc?

I have been having ongoing muscle pain for the past 2-3 months constantly and can't figure it out (yet) been to doctors and had all the tests. I am thinking it could be the large cell phone tower close to my house, in addition to constantly (constantly) having a cell phone in my pocket and being on my wireless laptop so much. I can't give up my cell for now but I can change my laptop to be attatched to the net thru a cable. Also I suspect lyme disease but thats a whole nother thing I am going to get testing for....

thoughts? Anyone here have a sensitivity to excess radiation?

chadk

10 Year Member!
I have bigger things in life to think about honestly. I've had a cell phone for about 10yrs. My home and work have wireless networks. We use microwaves.

I do wonder once in a while - imagining if you could visually see all the radio waves and other forms of human induced radiation that blast me all day long. But I don't stress about it.

Keep in mind that nature has been pumping out EMF engery for a long time... The sun is the biggest example. And we all know that too much sun can can cause problems with some folks and critters, and others prosper from it (all life on earth needs it directly or indirectly).

The science is not conclusive at this time as the long term effects of exposure to the low levels most of use deal with day to day.

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
XxDarkEuphoriaxX said:
Do you worry about sources such as cell phones, wireless internet, microwaves, etc?

I have been having ongoing muscle pain for the past 2-3 months constantly and can't figure it out (yet) been to doctors and had all the tests. I am thinking it could be the large cell phone tower close to my house, in addition to constantly (constantly) having a cell phone in my pocket and being on my wireless laptop so much. I can't give up my cell for now but I can change my laptop to be attatched to the net thru a cable. Also I suspect lyme disease but thats a whole nother thing I am going to get testing for....

thoughts? Anyone here have a sensitivity to excess radiation?

There has been many cases of cancer where the cell phone tower was placed on top of residential apartments in England. I remember reading about a research scientist who did a study on the effect of cell phone uses on human for the industry on mercola.com, and the result was not so good, but the industry hush this person away, and suppress the truth result. Cell phone is a BIG MONEY INDUSTRY.... You could try to limit your exposure to these radiation by:

1. Don't put your cell phone in your pants or shirts pockets
2. When talking use the speaker phone, and put it about a foot away
from your body.
3. When not using your wireless computer, turn the linksys off.
4. If you don't have to use a microwave oven, DON"T.
5. Try to put all of these away from your bedroom when you sleep.

I hope this will help, as you know we are all different, and things affect each person differently. To your health.

Minh

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Maybe your muscle pain has nothing to do with e-waves. Have you done any new physical activity lately that strained/stressed your body? Have you been under intense physical/emotional stress for a long period of time? I have a medical condition that includes ongoing muscle pain and swelling joints (no cure) - it erupted after my older brother died and other major changes in my life occurred at the same time. I have to pace myself and work around really bad days, but after 12 years of it, I've learned to deal - most of the time. It is why the tortoises bring me so much joy. I can go at a "tortoise" pace - which sometimes is pretty darn quick:) Hope you're feeling better soon.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Disease is spelled dis-ease for a reason. I'd say, do what you have to do to be at ease with yourself if it means to get rid of cell phones or move from where you are.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
It is hard to find a peer-reviewed study that links cell phones to any form of cancer, dangerous radiation, etc. There are a few that basically say 'more studies are needed', but come on- we've been using this sort of radiation for over a decade now- if something bad was going to happen, we'd see SOMETHING by now.

As for the towers causing problems, most of those studies are iffy as well. Pockets of higher levels of cancer are a natural phenomenon, and associating a specific pocket with a specific item or event (cell tower, high voltage line, funny taste in a well, etc.) is tricky. In one of the better studies, there was an early strong link between cancer and a certain high-voltage tower... but further research dug up other pockets that were high in cancer but far from the lines, or any other possible cause.

Caution is one thing, fear mongering is another. Shouting that something an cause cancer, a dangerous disease, etc. is mostly annoying. What is the percentage of risk? What are the risk factors or groups? You have certainly heard the millions of reports about the germs all around us- but have you noticed that the actual numbers of people getting sick from 'all those germs' is pretty low? How scary would the reports be if they admitted that you only have a small chance of getting anything more than a '24 hour bug' from most of that stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.