Elongated Temp??? Please help

mcidcbcmd

Hi I have had my elongted for a week, He is not very active...He mainly hides in a log hide...My enclosure is 3X4, he moves around but not very active? Are these torts active? Also I have been experimenting with heat lamps...I bought a 150w and that seemed to hot...so I went with a 100w...heated area is at 90 plus....is this to much? Does this cause the in activeness???? Just want the best for him..He's been eating but only a few days a week...I was told he was 2-3 years old...He seems healthy just not real active...is that norm????

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
My guys prefer it cooler. I have a basking spot of about 88-90 but that is directly under the light. The rest of the enclosure is 78-80, with the corners getting down to 73. Usually they are as far away from the heat source as they can get and dig down to sleep. They do not like it hot. During the summer they will not come out in the heat of the day, preferring early morning and late evening. Drop your temps some and see if that helps.

mcidcbcmd

Ok I wil try that, I am going to raise the light so it doesn't make the entire enclosure so warm....Thanks