Emerald City Reptile Expo, Jun 19, 20 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

norml40

5 Year Member
The Pacific Northwest Herpetological Society --- www.pnwhs.org --- and The Bean Farm --- www.beanfarm.com --- are proud to present the first annual Emerald City Reptile Expo, in Seattle, WA this June 19th and 20th, 2010 in Lake City, WA (Seattle). For more info and address, please visit www.emeraldcityreptileexpo.com. PNWHS is a 501 C 3 non profit group the has been the local reptile rescue and educational organization in the Pacific Northwest for over 20 years. Visit our website for more information.
The ECRE is an equal mix of reptile vendor sales and presentations from speakers around the US coming to Seattle to discuss responsible herp keeping, current legislation and laws regarding reptile keeping. Speakers attending the Emerald City show include:
Dr. Elliott Jacobson, foremost authority on reptile diseases such as IBD (inclusion body disease),
Andrew Wyatt, president of USARK, coming to speak on current reptile legislation and how to fight it,
Nick Mutton, Inland Reptile, the keeping of pythons and carpet pythons
Sandy/Elliott Gesang, Chameleons Northwest, the keeping of chameleons
Jerry Novak, PNW Turtle Works, the keeping of turtles and tortoises
Dr. Robert Sprackland, author of Giant Lizards, will be discussing monitor care
Plus, many local Seattle area vets, local breeders, herp keepers, etc.
In addition, there will be raffle give-aways, an evening auction to benefit USARK, a photo booth where you can take your picture with a unique reptile, an outreach display room, and other events ongoing throughout the weekend.
For an updated schedule on events, please check out www.emeraldcityreptileexpo.com.
We all hope to see you at this great event.
PNWHSbanner-1.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Norml40:

I know you only joined to tell us about the upcoming event in Washington, but I hope you'll stay and share with us.

1245572d9qfavi2rt.gif
to the forum!!

norml40

5 Year Member
Thank you Yvonne,

Though I don't have any turtles now, I used to raise eastern 3 toed box turtles. Had them for over 10 years...

best,

norm hill

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
We'll be there! Trevor's vet is speaking, but she's talking about bearded dragons. Bummer. Hope it is a great event! Anyone else going?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Emerald City!!! Like Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz?!!!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I wanted to bump this up as a reminder as it is one week from today! Very excited. :) Who else is going?

Anyone want to set up a time/place for a TFO meet up at the expo? I know many will wear their TFO shirts so that can help.

Saturday at 10:25am they are supposed to have a speaker (Jerry Novak) about keeping of torts and turtles in the PNW. That sounds really interesting to me. Not so exited about any of the other speakers, unless maybe we're still around for infectious diseases in reptiles at 3:30pm. Maybe we'll go grab lunch in between, but the two expos we've been to before didn't hold our attention for more than a couple hours. I'm really bummed Trevor's vet is speaking about geckos & bearded dragons instead of torts. I'm always surprised that torts aren't her specialty at all yet she is very knowledgeable (she does more care of birds and other reptiles).

I actually need a MVB this time around so it is good timing.

http://www.emeraldcityreptileexpo.com/Vendors and Speakers

chadk

10 Year Member!
Looks I'll be going. Sounds like fun. It is only about a 1/2 hr drive or so, so I should really go just to check it out and support PNWHS that I'm a member of...

Status
Not open for further replies.