Emydura subglobosa care sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K412

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
VA
I recently acquired one of these ADORABLE BABIES!:D

I have had no luck finding a good care sheet. He or she is abour 2" and eating well on Zoomed pellets and crickets. I have a 5.5 gallon setup with a basking spot of 85-90 and an in tank heater that keeps the water at 78. I have a 2.5 UV bulb, hopefully that's sufficient for the tank size and it's the only one I had on hand to spare.

I have a few questions for the experts here:

1. There is D3 in the pellets so as far as supplements for calcium what is recommended? I have been dusting the crickets with reptical w/o d3 but of course most of it is gone once they're in the water. He or she is still very, very shy of the tongs.

2. Substrate for the tank? Or should I keep bare bottom, I have bare bottom right now besides a few river rocks in one corner.

3. I do not have any plants in the tank right now. I would like to know the best ones to put in the tank.

4. Are there any other food items that I should offer besides the pellets and crickets?

I'm sure that I will have plenty more questions very soon.
I appreciate any advice and assistance that anyone may have to offer and look forward to learning more about this species.

Thank you in advance everyone!
Kelly

P.S. I will get pictures up soon once I invest in a new camera.

K412

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
VA
Thank you very much.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.