Domm

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Hello,

I have had an Eastern Hermanns Hatchling for about a week now, he is only a little over a month old. I am keeping his enclosure damp for humidity and it never drops below 65% the temp is usually 80-90 during the day and around 73F at night. I noticed pieces of the substrate are turning black, or it appears black to me maybe its just how the bark changes when it gets wet. I got the forest floor duo pack at Petco i'm not exactly sure whats in it. I just want to make sure he is getting the best care because he's small and fragile, if there is black mold growing this can be very dangerous for him.

Attachments

• tort1.jpg
    tort1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • tort2.jpg
    tort2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • tort3.jpg
    tort3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • tort4.jpg
    tort4.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • tort5.jpg
    tort5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17

nicoleann2214

NY
Hello,

I have had an Eastern Hermanns Hatchling for about a week now, he is only a little over a month old. I am keeping his enclosure damp for humidity and it never drops below 65% the temp is usually 80-90 during the day and around 73F at night. I noticed pieces of the substrate are turning black, or it appears black to me maybe its just how the bark changes when it gets wet. I got the forest floor duo pack at Petco i'm not exactly sure whats in it. I just want to make sure he is getting the best care because he's small and fragile, if there is black mold growing this can be very dangerous for him.
It’s probably from the dampness, I use cypress mulch and it seems darker when it’s wet. But you should always double check!

Domm

PA
I picked it up and it’s defiantly black! I might replace it tomorrow