Enclosure is done.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayee

5 Year Member
We worked hard in the past 2 or 3 weeeks but our habitat for Ginger, Gladys, and Itty Bitty is awesome.....The plexiglass is in, the plants are planted, and Ginger came out of the hide on her own to check things out.

004-4.jpg

006-2.jpg

012-3.jpg

014-3.jpg

001-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

013-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Excellent job. It was smart to keep the plants in the pots and not too far into the substrate, because at this age they will trample them.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Thanks yall. I'm really not completely done with it yet. I'm going to add a small waterfall a couple more ceramic heaters, and some sort of humidifier/vaporizer. I'm going all out for these torts to make sure they are comfortable and healthy.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like you still have some big plans to implement. Looking good so far. How deep is the substrate?

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Jacqui said:
Sounds like you still have some big plans to implement. Looking good so far. How deep is the substrate?

That's one thing I haven't been too sure of... How deep to go with it. Right now its between 2 and 3 inches. Should I go more or less?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Personally, I'd make a mound in one end for a climbing hill and digging pile. Red-foots don't dig as much as 'nestle' in substrates but the smaller ones especially really like to snuggle in. Otherwise, 2-3" should be OK for most situations.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
The hide box is holding around 90 degrees with on average, 70 to 80% humidity. Same with the basking side. I need to raise the temps by 10 degrees in the middle of the enclosure. Right now it holds steady at 75 degrees. Should I hang a couple more CHE's , or a heat cable? Suggestions anyone?

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
I LOVE IT! Now if I can just get my husband to build that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.