Enclosure modifications (because of our escape artist) pics........

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
Okie dokie...........as you all remember a few weeks ago our Mr. Pickles decided to do a little more exploring OUTSIDE of his ESCAPE PROOF enclosure...............we've since then, done a few modifications..........

BEFORE: as you can see, we think he "shimmied" his little 'arse' up this way. Not sure because we didn't actually see him do it........................

AFTER: in the second and 3rd pic. My husband smoothed over the entire inside of the wall. There's nowhere he can shimmy now, no where he can put a foot hold on to climb (we didn't think he could before, guess we were wrong)

Also: He put slats on the ONE gate we have leading into/out of the back yard. There's concrete underneath and there are metal spike on either side of those holes on the bottom, you just can't see them.......so even if he did the IMPOSSIBLE again...............he CANNOT get out of our yard. There's a concrete wall going all the way around our yard, except for the gate here.............

the last few shots are of our little escape artist enjoying some basking time ON TOP of his burrow before it hits 110 degrees today. ugh.........think I'll put him in the pool later to cool off. lol

DSC03386.JPG DSC03388.JPG DSC03389.JPG DSC03396.JPG DSC03407.JPGDSC03405.JPG

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hmmm. In that secind last photo, I would say he is hatching a cunning plan! You had better look out ;) :D

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
After we did the modifications he walked along that wall for 2 hours, up and down, up and down looking, standing up on his hind legs, inspecting..............it was funny because we thought he WAS actually hatching a plan...........he can't. There's NO WHERE he can get out, NONE. My husband assures me it's 100 % Mr. Pickles escape proof. lol

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
After we did the modifications he walked along that wall for 2 hours, up and down, up and down looking, standing up on his hind legs, inspecting..............it was funny because we thought he WAS actually hatching a plan...........he can't. There's NO WHERE he can get out, NONE. My husband assures me it's 100 % Mr. Pickles escape proof. lol
That just sounds like a challenge for Mr Pickles to me! I know who I'm backing! :D

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
I told my husband that if that tortoise somehow gets out of there, we're putting in video surveillance!!! There's no way he can get out unless he can jump! Can tortoises jump? Please tell me they can't jump...................

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think he looked too happy with the redesign.
I have not heard of tortoises jumping, well yet, but if a tortoise is going too, it probably will be a Russian :D