Enclosure plants?

Ashes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
So I can't seem to get a good answer. Lol. I bought a jade plant and a pansy plant for Little Dudes enclosure - might have to take the pansies out because I didn't realize they don't do well in heat.

Anyway, I need plant advice because I'm not educated at all in plants. I want something that's safe to be in there with him. I've heard spider and geranium plants - but they are big here and I want something I can put in his terrarium, not pieces. And something I can find at my local garden center (I kill plants if I try to grow them...) lol.

What does everyone use? :)

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Am I right to assume I need to wash whatever I buy at the local garden center? They said no pesticides were used in 3-4 the last weeks for what I bought? Would I need to re-pot with different soil since they probably use fertilizer?

MsBijou

5 Year Member
I would THINK, (I do not know) that once sprayed or treated with a pesticide that a plant would always contain pesticide. Hopefully someone else knows for sure.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I hope because I don't want to harm my little guy. Anybody know where to find organic plants without growing myself??

abclements

5 Year Member
I don't use live plants, too much work and I kill them very quickly lol but yes, you will have to repot them with new potting soil and leave them out of your enclosure for a good couple months to work the pesticides out of its system.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
I think fake for now because I kill plants easily and I don't want to be any more frustrated than I already am. Lol.