Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura77

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland UK
Hi

Do you think an indoor enclosure measuring w-50cm, h-7cm and L-206cm would be suitable to house a horsefield tort ?

Thanks Laura:tort:

Sorry that's wrong silly me !!

Measurements are - 100x35x201 !!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Laura77 said:
Hi

Do you think an indoor enclosure measuring w-50cm, h-7cm and L-206cm would be suitable to house a horsefield tort ?

Thanks Laura:tort:

Sorry that's wrong silly me !!

Measurements are - 100x35x201 !!

So for those of us still in the dark ages, that is 3.3 x 13.8 X 6.6 feet, or a bit over 21 square feet. That seems like an excellent size to me!
What is the size or your tort? I have heard various information, including a square foot per inch (sorry) of tort (shell). Since you will be adding substrate, you want to make sure that the height is high enough to prevent your tort from climbing out. You can plan to cover the enclosure, or put an overhang all around, or at least cap the corners.
Ultimately as you will see on this site, being outside is best, but most of us do need to start with something indoors to get a head start!
Lynne

Laura77

5 Year Member
Scotland UK
Thanks for the reply Lynne !

I don't have a tort as yet I'm doing research before I buy as I've never had one before I'm planning on getting a horsefield as ive been told there the best for beginners

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.