ENDANGERED SILVER BACK KILLED, WHO'S AT FAULT

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
The child took more than 10 seconds to get in there. probably a few minutes. Mom was warned by the child that he was going in there. She STILL turned her back on a 4 yr old child. Kidnappers or anything else could have happened in that amount of time. I totally blame the mother, and i think she should be held responsible for this tragedy.
I have seen toddlers in the toy dept. At stores, while the parents shop.it takes a village to care for a child? Maybe a village idiot! You can call these people out......mind your own business? Is what I hear. I carry a bat I. In my car, sometimes dogs like to breathe in a hot CaR, I like making breathing holes. Sick and not taking the abuse on children or animals.Always have a ball and glove in the car, your LAWYER Will thank you:)

theguy67

10 Year Member!
I agree to a degree. A tranq does make wild animals run and go crazy until it takes hold. However, I think they should have given the gorilla a chance and over tranq him and gave a shooter on stand by if it didn't work. The gorilla would have either went down with no damage to the kid, he would have died from getting too much, or it would have not worked good enough and the shooter was there to shoot him. It at least gave the animal a chance. After all, he did nothing wrong, at least a chance would have been nice, seeing if he wanted to kill that kid, it would have happened as soon as the kid was had by him.
Now, not only did the gorilla die, but the kid is probably traumatized and not to mention the trauma to some of the kids and people there while it was happening.

We have to look at the facts. The fact is that none of us (as far as I know) work at a zoo that implements these types of procedures in such an event. Sure, it "sounds" like a good idea to just sedate the animal instead of kill it, and I've seen many post that on social media, where (to me) they probably don't know enough to make such a judgement. I am not familiar with tranquilizers other than they do take time to work, even if you "over tranq" him. How long does it take a Gorilla to kill a child? Probably a lot less time than it does to put him to sleep.

I've seen many people claim that the gorilla was "protecting the child", or "comforting" him. The problem with social network is it really lets you see the snap judgements those who are not qualitifed to make, make. A Zoo keeper, who worked with gorillas stated that he was displaying a stressful presence, which makes sense when you have a strange creature in the male's enclosure and others yelling from the observation area.

Also, from a PR perspective. A dead Gorilla is far better, publicly, than a dead child, where the Gorilla may have been euthanized anyway.

kelii

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
It's the parents fault. I have seen too many lazy parents not superving their children. Can you watch your kid 24/7, no, but that's no excuse not to try.