EPOXY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I am looking to epoxy a name tag on my sulcata, Does anybody have experience with doing this?If so what type and if needed will it come off?Thanks in advance,tom.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I wouldn't use epoxy. Isn't that stuff pretty toxic? I have used in it art classes, and you are not supposed to get it on your hands or breathe it in. Tortoise shells are porous as well, so you don't want something bad to soak in.

I would advise getting a small tube on nontoxic white acrylic paint and coming up with a number code to put on the shell on the top on bottom. That way, as your tort grows, you could just scrub off the paint and redo it, because if something was glued to the surface of the shell, I think it would be painful for the scutes under the tag to grow properly. It could almost even cause a deformity.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
i use the 5 min epoxy to adhere a name tag on my sulcata, i put a heart on his bumper. just make sure you puit it between the growth lines of scutes, ive done this twice already. first tag started coming off at about a year, didnt leave any mark on the shell at all. galileo & speing big smiles
2whntbk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.