Error message-posts not posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
I would like to know if anyone else is having a truly difficult time posting in threads like I am. I know that someone posted a few days ago about the "error" message that they had been receiving but I'm trying to post and it says that it's posted when I go to my posts, but then I go to "View Today's Posts" and it's not there. It even goes as far as posting the same post twice and then I have to go in and delete it. This is too much work to reply to someones threads. This is getting to be a hassle even trying to post. :( Is there anyway to fix this? :(

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Hi Candy,
The only problems I'm aware of involve the internal server error. Is this what your seeing? Did you get the error page that asks you to send an email?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Candy, the same thing is happening to me. It doesn't post, and then you get two posts, and have to delete one of them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi Josh, I'm now getting the "error" message about every forth or fifth time I try to click to a new post or page, or post a response to a PM or a thread. Seems to be getting worse. On the bright side, If I wait a minute and try again it usually goes through. My computer is NOT doing this on any other forum or website.

Hope this helps to diagnose the problem and remember that we all love and appreciate you, even if there is a temporary "imperfection" with our beloved forum.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I have also been receiving these messages more frequently.
Do you really want an email each time this happens? I emailed you the first time. I'm not noticing any patterns though (like it only happens when I click on certain sub-forums, etc.)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Josh said:
Hi Candy,
The only problems I'm aware of involve the internal server error. Is this what your seeing? Did you get the error page that asks you to send an email?

Yes Josh I am. Another thing that is happening is that when you post something it shows that you were the last poster but when you try to pull up that post it's not even there. Tom I think posted recently on my thread about Sea World, but when I try to read it it doesn't show up. I can find part of it if I go to his name and checks out his posts but that's it I can't read all of it.

Here it is. I've got it 6 times in the last 5 threads that I've been on.

You've reached this page in error.

If you would, please send an email to [email protected] and describe the following:
- the browser you're using
- what you clicked on before this page loaded
- your username
- any other notable abnormalities

Thank you,
Josh

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm getting that message all the time too. Seems like I get it on especially long answering posts that I've made, then I don't know if my answer posted or not. I get it about every 4th or 5th click I make on the Forum.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes that's exactly it Yvonne. When I post long threads now I will actually copy them and then if they're deleted I'll just post again and paste it in. :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I haven't received the error message yet today...knock on wood :p

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I still get the internal error message it sometimes happens when i try to post, the post still get put up but when i go to the main board it as not regested on there

moswen

5 Year Member
i've gotten it at least 3 times just in the hour that i've been on right now, but when i go back and go forward again it brings it up. but it's only happened to me just now.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
No more error messages for me, but I try and post and it won't go through no message just no post, then I refresh and it shows up.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Its saying Dmmj posted a 8.06pm but its not showing its showing Moswen as the last post at 07.41pm!

Ok the post as shown up now, its making me out a lier lol :rolleyes:

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
ChiKat said:
I haven't received the error message yet today...knock on wood :p

Dammit, spoke too soon :rolleyes:

M

Maggie Cummings

You've reached this page in error.

If you would, please send an email to [email protected] and describe the following:
- the browser you're using
- what you clicked on before this page loaded
- your username
- any other notable abnormalities

Thank you,
Josh

Plus it wouldn't post my last 2 messages and it all gets to be too much trouble to post...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
LOL I spoke to soon also, just received an error message, but they have definitely dropped in number.

Status
Not open for further replies.