Attachments

• 69936234187f90f7a8a461556140961a.jpg
    69936234187f90f7a8a461556140961a.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I see that this plant is in the same Family/Order of plants as Asters (Asteraceae). Tortoise Table says Asters are ok to feed.

There are ton of different species of Europs, who knows what one you have. That said, unless you get better info - Id skip and be safe.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I see that this plant is in the same Family/Order of plants as Asters (Asteraceae). Tortoise Table says Asters are ok to feed.

There are ton of different species of Europs, who knows what one you have. That said, unless you get better info - Id skip and be safe.
Thanks, quite certain its: Euryops pectinatus. They are very common around here, sold at all the big box gardening stores

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Not sure how or if this applies to tortoises….but better be safe & not feed.

Cultivation
Euryops pectinatus is widely used as a garden plant, especially in urban areas and due to its almost perpetual flowering regime. It grows best in full sun and well-drained deep soils. It must be grown in a sheltered location, away from frost-prone areas. It has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit.

🧨🧨 All parts of the plant are poisonous if ingested.

Source: Wiki

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I don't think you'll ever find many definitive answers here, proven tortoise diet science isn't plentiful. There are conservative feeders and more casual folks, not a lot in between; I'm in the latter group.

I don't think a little of any aster will hurt a Russian; they eat a fair amount in their native habitat. That said, if your Russian will eat it, they're a lot less fussy eater than mine and she'll try near anything. Just because she can eat them doesn't mean she will if she doesn't have to!

There are so many options in Southern California, I wouldn't spend much time on this one but only you can decide what is right for your tortoise.