Ever-lasting love and a very special gift - inspiring true story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
One of my regular customers is a woman named Helen. Helen and Jack were married for over 60 years. They were high school sweethearts, raised children, grand children, great-grand children, and built a long-lasting life together. Jack passed away last October. He had been sick for some time. The day he passed, he told Helen that he didn't want to leave her, but he just couldn't hold on any longer. She told him it was okay to let go.

Yesterday, Helen showed me a beautiful diamond ring set, a wedding set. The ring with the large single diamond was inscribed "Jack and Helen" on the inside of the band. The band with multiple small diamonds was inscribed with the date of their marriage.

Before Jack passed, when it became perfectly clear that he was going to have to leave Helen, he did something that brings tears to my eyes as I am typing this. He wanted Helen to have a birthday present from him, even though he knew he would be gone. He somehow ordered the diamond ring set and arranged to have it delivered to Helen on her birthday. So on her birthday, even though Jack has been gone almost a year, Helen received this very precious gift from him, to remind her of how much he always loved her.

All ANYONE on this planet could ever hope for is to be loved like that.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
As someone who doesn't have much belief in marriage and relationships, this was so nice to read!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
God I am such a sap...fighting back tears!! That is so sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.