Exactly how many Russian species are there?????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
T.h.horsfieldii,T.h.rustamovi, and T.h.kazachstanica. I know I have T.H.R and T.H.H. However I had a couple males relinquished to me about 6-7 months ago, and was soaking them and scrubbing them real good today, and was baffled by their difference in not really portraying a difinitive relation to the 3 major subspecies. I was wonder if anyone out their new of any others.

I will get pics up tomorrow of the male in question.
He looks like a german WWII army helmet, with very large marginal skirting that flares out quite a bit. he is also very very thick alost 3" thick.

Well I suppose it does no good with out photos but It will be soon on those.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I dont know your answer, but I wonder about the subspecies too. I'd sure like to learn more.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I recall reading that there are 3 recognized subspecies and possibly two more that are being argued over...also, I wonder if possibly one of yours could be an intergrade (mutt).

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
You know terry its possible. Im wondering if perhaps russians could very easily happen the same as the leos. But do they overlap in the wild. Hmmm. Im sure fabian would know, maybe I will PM him a photo of the two in question.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
T.h.kazachstanica Maybe??????????/ I dont see much chacteristics in dans thread in this male in the photo.

He is 5 3/4" long 4 3/4" wide and 2 7/8" thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.