Exo Terra ReptiGlo 10.0 lamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
Hi.
I have an Exo Terra ReptiGlo 10.0 40w 105cm or 42" and I'm having trouble finding a lamp for it here in Copenhagen. I'm now searching online and if anyone here has any experience with this tube please send me a link to the lamp that was used.

He's been a lot outside to male sure he gets some UV.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Have you tried looking at a Home Depot or a hardware store for a regular flourescent light fixture? There might be one there that will fit.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
I've checked everywhere. The pet stores have none and the hardware and lamp shops don't have them in this size.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, I even looked on line and couldn't find any either. Have you tried calling some of the stores that sells those kinds of lights and seeing if they can order you one? Try calling Tyler, of tortoisesupply.com or LLLREPTILE, both forum members. Maybe no one carries them, but can order you one. Good luck.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
I'll check if the stores can order some. They've all been very willing to help.

Thanks for the help!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
I tried that model, but it drove my Russians underground for two weeks until I switched back to my ZooMed ReptiSun 10.0, 48" tube. I'm never getting the ExoTerra one again.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
GeoTerraTestudo said:
I tried that model, but it drove my Russians underground for two weeks until I switched back to my ZooMed ReptiSun 10.0, 48" tube. I'm never getting the ExoTerra one again.

That's bad news. It's the only brand I've seen so far. I will try it but if it doesn't work I will have to find a good online retailer.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
How many watts should I be looking for in a UV bulb?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
RussTort said:
How many watts should I be looking for in a UV bulb?

The number of watts will depend on the type (and/or length) of bulb.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
I'm keeping the bulb 30 centimeters away and I want to be sure he is getting enough UV from that length.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Are you sticking with linear bulbs? Typically with tubes, you don't use the wattage to determine which lamp to use. I meant the length of the bulb. A 5.0 and a 10.0 that are the same length may have the same wattage but will have different UVB outputs. This chart is applicable to Zoo Med bulbs, but it illustrates the different distances at which different bulbs provide optimum UVB.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
jaizei said:
Are you sticking with linear bulbs? Typically with tubes, you don't use the wattage to determine which lamp to use. I meant the length of the bulb. A 5.0 and a 10.0 that are the same length may have the same wattage but will have different UVB outputs. This chart is applicable to Zoo Med bulbs, but it illustrates the different distances at which different bulbs provide optimum UVB.

I see. Thank you very much. I will figure it out once I find a bulb (not necessarily a tube).

Does the U-shape bulb have any effect on their eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.