Exotic Animals As Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.

River14

5 Year Member
River14 said:
Wah I love this debate its so civil for starters but also so important.

I believe firmly that the government or rther the Animal and fisheries department should be allowed to tell us what we are able to care for and what not in conjunction with NGO orgs that monotore the various species around the world.

No one should be bying radiated Madagascan tortoise hatchlings or juveniles plucked from the wild for exmple. No one. If what it takes is a sensible government policy to stop that trade Im all for it. But when was government so wise? Maybe an open letter to Obama might work but I reckon what with default next Tuesday he has enough on his plate as do most governments.

Im not entirely proposing a military wing on the conservation front here (though it might be time) but all of us, as I think it was Angis point are the converted here minus one or two. My apologies if it wasnt Angie. But as such anyway its our resposibility to spread the message what ever it may be far and wide certainly beyond this forum.

I dont think wild animls make good pets at all but there are a few. African hedhogs ae good, some tortoises and sugar gliders. I dont know about the others.

Sugar gliders are very easy pets in the right climate (again I think Angie or Balboa) Im a lazy tart isn't, I cant even look up the references, I remember them at least isn't it so?

Im personally not sure we humans can look after anything as well as nature will. We try. But honestly we should ll be working towards conservation of habitat thats if the world will have us.

Sorry about spelling its just.....im under the influence of Strauss, Vier letze lieden

Watermelon

5 Year Member
I would love a meerkat so much! I would def buy it a friend... then again I couldn't always be sure I could give it enough attention, be in the house enough because I've heard the gnaw on their paws....

Status
Not open for further replies.