Exotic Pet Vet in Rhode Island

DavesMom

Location (City and/or State)
Warwick, RI
Hi all,

I am new the world of exotic pets, but we have recently found ourselves the adopted parents of a 5(ish) year old Russian Tortoise named Dave. He is the cutest little guy and has such personality, we love him dearly!

So from what I can tell he came from a less than ideal environment for his species. I would like to take him to get a checkup, get his nails (and maybe beak??) trimmed, and make sure that he is healthy and we are caring for him in the best way possible now that he lives with us. I did a quick google search and have called a few places in RI this morning but none of them stood out as THE place to take our little Dave.

I was wondering if there are other Torty keepers in the biggest little state and, if so, where you take your guys and gals to the vet. I'm of course looking for somewhere that is very knowledgeable and on the more reasonable side.

Thanks so much for any information you have to share!

Sarah

Attachments

• Dave.jpg
    Dave.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 17

DavesMom

Warwick, RI
Hi Sarah, and welcome to the Forum!

We show these vets on our list for Rhode Island, but - disclaimer - they haven't been vetted by our members:

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/rhode-island.29720/

Thank you very much for the information! I have called these offices along with a few others and inquired about their services and none of them gave me that great feeling... I'll continue my research on these :)

Thanks again for the info!

Sarah

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you do find one you like (or don't like), be sure to let us know so we can update our list.

I'm geographically challenged, so excuse me if it's too far away, but @HermanniChris can you help this new member find a good tortoise vet?

DavesMom

Warwick, RI
If you do find one you like (or don't like), be sure to let us know so we can update our list.

I'm geographically challenged, so excuse me if it's too far away, but @HermanniChris can you help this new member find a good tortoise vet?

Hello again,

So I decided to go with Wickford Veterinary Clinic in Wickford, RI and had a great experience with Dr. Lambert. Dave is doing great, and we learned she is actually a GIRL! All in all, very happy with WVC and hopefully this review helps other RI Torty parents out!

https://www.wickfordvetclinic.com/