Status
Not open for further replies.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Originally, I only allowed for one quarter of the space availasble for my lil' leppie, but now that I have a baby too, I've doubled the original space to include a 'side 2'.

The original playarea can be seen here: http://www.pbase.com/purpod/image/97845692

The updated {and more grown in} original play area:
http://www.pbase.com/purpod/image/104075545

And now side 2, an added area:
http://www.pbase.com/purpod/image/104075725

In the first image, there is a root system that went too deep to remove completely, so I made that into a natural border for a sandy area for basking.. and you can see from the second image that the area under the wood is not blocked by the rock wall, thus allowing for the torties to go from one side to another.

Anyways, it's been fun with the landscape changes ~
Purpod

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Looks nice! I love more natural looking enclosures. Very pretty.....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really like it! Its so natural looking and lots of things for your little one to inspect and go around. Thanks for sharing. It gives me some ideas for my own habitats.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Purpod, Great enclosure. I always smile when I look at your enclosue. I just imagine I'm your tort and it makes me happy. I'm sure your torts love it.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Aww, thanx you guys {errr, gals! LOL} You're all quite kind. Actually, I need to snag some more big rocks from the beach, as I can't stand having that gray brick on the 'original' side as part of the wall!

Also, dunno if anyone noticed, but in the pic #1, there were some shamrocks there, but my lil' piglet gobbled those up within 3 months time! LOL, she must be the luckiest Irish African in the world, LOL. Come next March at the Irish Festival {Or Scottish Faire} I'll get several of those shamrock plants since they are next to impossible to find anywhere's else.

I need to add some more grazing tortie seed mix too; now that there are two snortie torties, it gets mowed down quickly. Does anyone have any ideas as to when I can allow my tort's to stay out there overnight? Obviously, my little MR. Sweeetheart is too young, but my other tort is getting older now..? Obviously, I'd have to create a good hide that would hold the heat in for the cool mornings here... Perhaps by then, I will let them have the entire cement square {altho I am fond of the natural wood and rock walls of their two rooms ;)}

Okie, gots to go for now ~ Blessings to all for an xllnt new weekj!
Purpod

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow Purpod

Really nice enclosure, you made a really good job. Your torts are very lucky :D

Status
Not open for further replies.