Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Jeff Gee is a very well-known and respected name in the tortoise world.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
You never know what can happen in life. Makes you wonder if he is having, health, personal.financial, etc troubles. At this holiday time, it really is wise to enjoy family and health. Rather than all this commercial stuff we place so much emphasize on. (Or of course maybe he is just sick of all the work!)
Happy Holidays

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
emysemys said:

Where is Jeff today? I knew him for Michigan (about 3 decades ago ) where he taught me how to care for reps. He loved my chubby lizards when I brought them back to trade up. I cannot reach him at his last known AZ location.

I remember he was breeding Galaps in his garage in Royal Oak, Michigan.:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have seen hatchlings go for about 12K or so, so 20K fper torotise for proven breeders I would say is a pretty good price relativly. Of course 20K is a lot to pay for one tortoise let alone 220K for a lot of them but if someone has the money I would love to see the buyer.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
webskipper said:
emysemys said:

Where is Jeff today? I knew him for Michigan (about 3 decades ago ) where he taught me how to care for reps. He loved my chubby lizards when I brought them back to trade up. I cannot reach him at his last known AZ location.

I remember he was breeding Galaps in his garage in Royal Oak, Michigan.:D

According to their webpage, http://www.cbwf.com/, Jeff and Kim Gee are in Portal, AZ.

Is this the address you tried? Are they members of this forum?

Captive Bred Wildlife Foundation
P.O. Box 16515
Portal, AZ 85632
Fax:(520-558-2411
Phone:(520)558-2458

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Webskipper and dmmj, let me just say I get the biggest kick out of the random, humorous musings in your signature line. Very laugh-out-loud funny!:D

With the price of Aldabs so high, do Yvonne and EJ and you other Aldabran keepers ever worry about someone stealing your tortoises? That's a boatload of money!

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
constantly... but... I've got a nice Rottie and a .357 which I hope they don't know about... I've got some serious anger issues... I wanna kill... I wanna kill... kill... kill. I'm currently looking for a position in the army.

Stephanie Logan said:
Webskipper and dmmj, let me just say I get the biggest kick out of the random, humorous musings in your signature line. Very laugh-out-loud funny!:D

With the price of Aldabs so high, do Yvonne and EJ and you other Aldabran keepers ever worry about someone stealing your tortoises? That's a boatload of money!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't have any gates for my tortoise pens, so it would be pretty hard to lift and carry them. I just have to keep my fingers crossed!

Luvthemtorts

5 Year Member
Southeast
For interesting reading regarding Jeff's current business dealing check out Fauna Classifieds BOI. Have no personal dealings with CBWF myself but its nice to be able to get a perspective from past and present clients.

S

stells

Ed if you get that position... then pics of the you in the uniform will be needed....

-EJ said:
constantly... but... I've got a nice Rottie and a .357 which I hope they don't know about... I've got some serious anger issues... I wanna kill... I wanna kill... kill... kill. I'm currently looking for a position in the army.

Stephanie Logan said:

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
-EJ said:
I'm currently looking for a position in the army.

Women usually cannot resist checking out a man in uniform.

mctlong said:
Is this the address you tried? Are they members of this forum?

Captive Bred Wildlife Foundation
P.O. Box 16515
Portal, AZ 85632
Fax:(520-558-2411
Phone:(520)558-2458

Yes. Voicemail has not changed. I'll send a letter.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Jeff does have a tainted history... but I like the guy.

Luvthemtorts said:
For interesting reading regarding Jeff's current business dealing check out Fauna Classifieds BOI. Have no personal dealings with CBWF myself but its nice to be able to get a perspective from past and present clients.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
emysemys said:
I don't have any gates for my tortoise pens, so it would be pretty hard to lift and carry them. I just have to keep my fingers crossed!

Watch out for Tyler Yvonne he says that he doesn't have any trouble lifting a tortoise of that size. :p

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Candy said:
emysemys said:

Watch out for Tyler Yvonne he says that he doesn't have any trouble lifting a tortoise of that size. :p

Exactly! The two of them, each on one end. I distinctly remember EJ posting that he wished he had another Aldab...

Better keep a light on tonight!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy said:

Yes, I remember that he said that. Its not all that easy, though. You have to start from the ground. If they were up on a bench, I could lift them, but I can't bend over or squat down and lift them from the ground. And then its the pinch-your-fingers-between-the- shell-and-leg that really gets you!

Stephanie Logan said:

Lol!!

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
I've got 25. I don't know what the previous post implies.

Note my previous post on the topic.

Stephanie Logan said:
Candy said:
emysemys said:

Exactly! The two of them, each on one end. I distinctly remember EJ posting that he wished he had another Aldab...

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Concord, CA
-EJ said:

So EJ, when you shipping out to war. I don't want to come by when you & the 357 are there. :D

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Don't need to ship out to war... all I have to do is... wait.

KQ6AR said:
-EJ said:

So EJ, when you shipping out to war. I don't want to come by when you & the 357 are there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.