• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Experienced tortoise owner looking to adopt - Albuquerque NM

igastrulated

Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
Hello everyone!

I am an experienced tortoise enthusiast, having kept Greek tortoises (Testudo graeca) since age 10 (about 30 years ago) as well as sulcatas, redfoot tortoises, and a variety of box turtles. I unfortunately had to rehome several tortoises as I just did not feel the climate where I was living (Long Island, NY) was doing them any favors. However, I recently moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and am looking to adopt one or several tortoises. I would be happy to adopt special needs tortoises as I have done so in the past. The animals will have an outdoor secure pen and will be brought inside at night/in winter. I have a lot of snails in my yard (no pesticides/chemicals) so any species that eats snails would be even better :).

Please let me know if you are looking to rehome a tortoise so we can discuss further.

Thank you for reading!

Jamina

Boltonian

Location (City and/or State)
Waterloo
Hello Jamina, I live in Ontario Canada . I have lovingly looked after a a male and female Russian( Horsefieldi) Tortoises for 6 years.They were rescues and are now 10 years old. They have a huge garden to roam so I am looking to rehome to similar conditions with a caring yet knowledgeable owner. They are Vegetarian. Billy and Myrtle have produced eggs last year , though I do not want to breed them.Can you tell me the habitat you could provide for them ? Thanks, Linda . Registered Nurse.