eye damage from "sun"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Seatac, Washington
So last time I posted about my some what recently acquired leopard tort I was saying how she is just a cave dweller and I cant get her to bask. Since then she has done a 180 and now just sits and basks all day. Since it's winter here in the Pac North West I have a standard 100watt MVB and it sits approx 12-15 inches away from her. And before I go any further... yes I get her outside as much as possible. I was just wondering if eventually they get some kind of damage to their eyes from the light, or even sun for that matter? And what should I look for if I am concerned? Obviously she is not human so I am not sure if the "whites" of her eyes should be white, but they are more a slight beige color. I can see little red veins, not protruding or extreme looking but they are there. She is approx 15-20 years old and is about 10 lbs.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've never heard of any kind of eye damage from the sun or the normal MVBs. I have heard the coil type flourescents are really bad for their eyes, but I've never used them myself.

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
i tried but my little 10 meg camera is no use. Im not specifically worried about her right now just for future reference. i know she will be spending every winter inside so im just trying to prevent anything i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.