eye lid swollen!

mattsr6

Hi I have a sulcata she's about a year old supposively. About 3" big. Anyways her left eye is almost swollen shut. I bought her and she was in poor living conditions and wouldn't eat. Shes now in a home with a uvb mercury 100w. Cypress mulch. 85-90% humidity. A soak spot and she's been eating romain and hay. She seems to itch at her left eye a lot. I've been giving her eye drops. Shes very active compaired to when I got her just now her left eye is closed vs being squinty. What should I do???

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Did the people before you use one of them cheap coil type uvb lamps ? If so keep cleaning the eye . If it was my little one we would be in line at a vets office . Sorry if I came off as rude but its time for a vet .

edwardbo

5 Year Member
It most likely was poked by the hay , take your mister bottle and give her some gentle squirts in that eye ,hopefully any dust ,hay stems will get washed away. I'm hoping it's not the beginning of any thing else ,tort sounds heathy ,don't worry .......yet.

If it's only one eye it should be an injury as opposed to disease .

mattsr6

Didn't take offense to the post lol. Thanks for the help.I think she just poked it. Both her eyes are nice and wide now!