Eyes of baby star tortoise not opening

Rajputana

Location (City and/or State)
India
Hi me from india, got pair of star tortoise,six days back got 3 baby star from hatchling,was very happy but saddened to see there eyes were not opened. Have been keeping them in lukewarm water every morning for 15 mints still no result went to vet from his point of view probably they are blind not sure. would like to tell this eggs where laid last nov. Any ideas guy do let me know1532949368329827135669.jpg

daniellenc

Maryland
I wouldn’t expect all three to be blind where are they housed, and what are you using for heat and light? What are your temps like?

Rajputana

India
In this part of india temp is around 28'c to 32'c its rainy season still they get natural sunlight for 4to 5 hrs do use uvb for 3to4 hrs at night.out of three one baby's one eye opens

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
What kind of UVB are you using a florescent or coiled bulb?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That would be really weird if all three had no sight or eyes, except for one having one eye. However, they do look like they are missing eyes.
Two for sure look like eyes are missing. The one on the left and the one at the top right.
@Tom @Markw84 @Yvonne G look like missing eyes too you?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
@Rajputana

From the picture it looks like the tortoises have no eyes and the "problem" is a birth defect. Could you show us a picture showing their eyes in a close-up?

Are these tortoise you hatched? If so, how did you incubate them?