Eyes shut again!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
He does look a sweetie ! I would't worry about letting him have a small amount of grated carrot if it gets him eating
and feeling better
Best wishes and good luck from Angie

Ardelle

Location (City and/or State)
Ilkeston
He does look a sweetie ! I would't worry about letting him have a small amount of grated carrot if it gets him eating
and feeling better
Best wishes and good luck from Angie
Thank you!
He has been munching away again today! Am really hopeful he is going to be ok now!
Thanks to everyone on here @Tom @Sarah2020 all of your help is much appreciated

Ardelle

Ilkeston
Twiglet even discovered the plants I added today!

Attachments

• 7F6C8411-2824-4280-B0CE-3BBE40FC3D42.jpeg
    7F6C8411-2824-4280-B0CE-3BBE40FC3D42.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Thank you!
He has been munching away again today! Am really hopeful he is going to be ok now!
Thanks to everyone on here @Tom @Sarah2020 all of your help is much appreciated
Your very welcome, delighted your through this! Now you just a routine and repeat.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I am so happy, I honestly thought I was loosing him x
They are tough but do need our support. I really recommend you looking at switching to a closed enclosure benefits are humidity is trapped and creates a nice zone for them to grow a smooth shell. With price of electric your trapping the heat or it will just heat your room, particularly in winter. I have enclosed and have it insulated on the top and sides to maintain a good temperature. I appreciate it has been manic but I sent you a link and worth investigating.

Ardelle

Ilkeston
I have looked into it thank you, I will have to wait until I get paid though.
However I am off work till September as ai work at a school so am home to increase misting and keep a eye on him.

Hes been enjoying the garden today too, I sat and read a book outside with him!! X

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I am so glad twigs is feeling better - and that you are feeling better too, I'm sure. Tortoises are such lovely and endearing creatures - you will enjoy having him so much more now you don't have to worry about him all the time. And if you do have a problem, you know that the people here will help you
Angie

Ardelle

Ilkeston
Do you keep adults in a closed varium? I was told for russians they needed a open top table.

Ardelle

Ilkeston
I am so glad twigs is feeling better - and that you are feeling better too, I'm sure. Tortoises are such lovely and endearing creatures - you will enjoy having him so much more now you don't have to worry about him all the time. And if you do have a problem, you know that the people here will help you
Angie
Thank you for your kind words, everyone on here has been amazing!
I am going to concentrate on getting his weight up now as hes tiny

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do you keep adults in a closed varium? I was told for russians they needed a open top table.
Closed chambers works well for any species at any age, as long as they are large enough. Open tables can work too, but a closed chamber makes it MUCH easier to heat and light well.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Thank you for your kind words, everyone on here has been amazing!
I am going to concentrate on getting his weight up now as hes tiny
Just one little thing I should mention, in case you don't know it - Russian tortoises are notorious for being talented escapologists, and if Twiglet is starting to feel better, you need to check his enclosure for possible escape routes. They are very good climbers, and very determined. If he did get out, it wouldn't be that he was unhappy or anything - just that it is their nature ! You may know all this already, but ,in case you don't - be warned !
Angie